Monday, March 9, 2009

Why Cambridge may be getting off my shit list

We had a great weekend - incredible spring-like weather, took the boy out for walks and to play on the baby swing - he was giddy and besides himself. He does this thing where instead of exhaling when he laughs, he inhales - it cracks everyone up. Of course today it snowed sideways, pelleted and rained. But it's ok, all is forgiven. I no longer hate Cambridge because over the weekend we discussed amazing and relatively cheap Mexican food down the street from us. We'd heard great things about this place, Tacos Lupita, but I figured it was great by Cambridge standards, certainly not Chicago. OMFG. When the tacos came out and I bit into the soft, warm, FRESH corn tortillas, I almost wept with joy. Just thinking about it makes me smile. Of course there would be nothing for me if I were a vegetarian - not a gringo burrito in sight. Pretty sure the beans were swimming in lard (the boy lapped those up - he was actually smacking his lips). The hubster smiled as he was eating and said, "We are going to be alright." It's true. We will be.

Every year when my birthday rolls around, I keep thinking how great it is that I was born on the first day of spring. Of course it hasn't mean a whole lot for the past decade or so I've spent
living in the Midwest. I don't think it'll mean much this year, but one can only hope. Especially when I have this dress to wear:




Of course by the time I got to it, my size was gone. So it is getting altered, but I heart it so, it's worth it. It's completely out of my usual neutral color palette, but so cool in a modern "ethnic" way, a more subdued take of the Chinese embroidery jackets I used to wear in college with Doc Martens (when I thought I was so badass). I think the color is versatile enough - it's bright - so I can make it summery or autumnal with different accessories. Might work with some skinny jeans now, since it's pretty short. The hubster splurged on it, but I rationalized it based on how many times I will wear it in the next few months (my b-day, nathaniel's b-day, a wedding in may, eli's birthday, LOL).

2 comments:

Metro Green Mama said...

You will be alright. I can't wait to hear noodle's inhaling laugh. I'm glad you discovered authentic tacos... it's all downhill from there! And I can't wait to see the dress in May!!

Jalila said...

You should post a video of the inhaling laugh! I gotta see it. And yay for great Mexican food. Mmmm. Did you know there is surprisingly delicious and authentic Indian food in Utah? Who woulda thought?