Sunday, March 15, 2009

I love my friends

On Friday I came home after a day of walking around downtown Boston by myself. It was nice - walking around the Common, chilly but sunny. The best part was darting in and out of stores, without having to worry about a little guy getting bored of looking at clothes (he really expresses himself these days when he's feeling disgruntled). The worst part was not having any $. I still managed to go to Sephora to get my free birthday lip gloss. They taste horrible - I hate lip products that taste/smell like artificial fruit. Blech. But they were free, so what are you gonna do.

When we got home, the hubster told me there was a package for me. He looked at me suspiciously like I'd ordered something for myself, which of course pissed me off. But I proceeded to feel much better when I opened it and discovered a lovely surprise from one of my bestest friends evah! An early birthday present in the form of a lovely handmade dahlia mug:




Here it is, holding my morning chai latte fix. This lovely mug and my trusty frother make me very happy. Ah, the simple pleasures of life. I feel very blessed to have friends who understand me. And here's the Noo looking perplexed - he's trying to figure out why his mother was taking pictures of an inanimate object instead of him. This is his sullen supermodel look.



I dread the next two weeks - I am going to be hanging out with the boy with no help from the MIL as she will be off in Portland, OR, eagerly anticipating the arrival of her second grandchild (very exciting of course - Noo will have a cousin, we will have a niece)! I am trying to figure out how to keep busy and sane. I have to remind myself that moms do this all the time, with very little support and I can do this, too. I have been very lucky with having the MIL around . . . . Must call J to see how she is doing it in Utah and by herself!!






3 comments:

Asher's blog said...

happy early bday, my dear! glad you're enjoying the mug!
love you.

Jalila said...

Hopefully you'll have nice weather when you have the Noo by yourself. Getting outside for a walk or to the park helps a ton!

anna said...

i just discovered your blog. and i have to say i love it! absolutely! you have a very nice way of enjoying life!

and i just had to comment once i saw this photo of your little boy. he is so adorable!