Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"I thought Hasbeens were people who are no longer around"

So maybe Swedish clogs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I am super psyched to own my very own pair of the cherry red mary janes. The last time I wore clogs was in high school - they were fake black suede mules with studs. Super hawt. I also wore them with culottes. Smokin'.

I've been obsessed with Hasbeens for a while, but don't have the $$$ to shell over $200 plus for a pair of sandals, let alone ones I can only wear 3 months out of the year (I have yet to hop onto the sandals with tights/socks bandwagon). So I am smitten with these babies. They seem about as sturdy as the "real" version, but I don't own Hasbeens so it's hard to say. I am dreaming up all kinds of outfits to wear, built around these - including some stripey shirts and wide leg jeans.

Sandals came with a cute little organic cotton tote



I was one of 5 women waiting outside the Newbury store this morning - I honestly can't remember the last time I did something like this. Oh wait, it was for the Stella McCartney collab. with H&M. It was a little embarrassing, but I'm ok with it. I worked late today so went in later :-) Now if only the weather would cooperate!

Happy, pale feet

2 comments:

Asher's blog said...

you didn't show me...that prolly says more about your knowledge of me than anything else...but even i can appreciate how cute they look :)

Maia said...

They're fabulous and I love them! SO remind me of something my Dutch friends would have worn in 1974. I would wear those in a heartbeat if I weren't so tall that I can basically only wear flats. Sigh! My husband gets very nervous when I wear platforms.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you post a picture of the EmersonMade tunic! I've been debating one of the tunics, but haven't splurged since I knew I needed the caftan (and have worn it every day since it arrived).