Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two Left Feet

One of my really good girlfriends, N, had a huge 30th birthday party this weekend. It was an awesome 80s themed party, but I could not get myself to dress up. The 80s were such an awkward and self-conscious time for me, I have a hard time finding humor in the "costumes" of that era. But that didn't stop my girlfriend and her entire extended family from going all out.
(Wearing my version of party attire: Anthropologie Sprinked Chiffon)

I always feel bad for my husband when we go to dance parties - he has some serious moves, and, well, like many (not all) Asian people, I cannot dance for the life of me. Seriously - I dance to my own beat. On top of that, I was wearing heels I could barely walk in (I brought flats with me). It is embarrassing and funny at the same time. I'm laughing out loud right now. I'm sure people were pointing at me and laughing, but I'm too defeated to care. That much.

All in all a good weekend - I have an extra day to spend with the fam (Happy Patriots Day!) and will try my best to take advantage of the 60 degree weather and take my son to the park, have some yummy frozen yogurt at Berry Line (a local version of Pinkberry, etc.) and spend as much time outdoors as I can. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I'm a fellow Asian who can't dance...I like to stand and drink at parties :)