Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Seasons: A children's book for adults

In college, I started to collect children's books, mostly for the beautiful images and the simple words that accompanied them.  It's been really wonderful to share some of these books with my son. Today I stayed home from work so that N could recover from his fever. Poor little guy, he's been so sick since he started daycare almost a year ago, but they say this helps to build immunity. It's hard to find things to do with my little ball of energy when it's freezing cold outside. Fortunately, there are countless stores we can visit, including an independent bookstore and two local toy stores, all within walking distance.

Whenever we visit the toy store, we always stop outside and have our little talk: "We can play and look with the toys, but we are not buying anything". N is an only child and probably will remain an only child, so it's a constant struggle for us (especially me) to not overindulge him. He did a great job and left without anything and didn't throw a fit when we left the store. But Mama managed to pick up something at the toy store. Seasons (Enchanted Lion Books) is a collection of amazing prints. Truly inspiring. Reminds me that I should make time to dust off the old Gocco press.
 




1 comment:

Jalila said...

Hi there! I'm happy to read your blog again and see pictures of beautiful you in beautiful clothes and that beautiful boy of yours.